Consisting of representatives from across as wide a range of member categories as possible, this committee is responsible for the promotion of BETA to the Trade (members and non-members) and to consumer audiences.
It decides how best to promote the BETA brand to raise awareness of the work the Association does on behalf of its members to both internal and external audiences, and of the value of membership itself to the industry. It is responsible for ensuring that BETA’s reputation within the trade, with other organisations, politically and the riding public in the UK and abroad is of the highest and is also tasked with promoting riding as a leisure activity. Part of its brief is also to make consumers more aware of the benefits of purchasing BETA members products from BETA member retailers.
Its Terms of Reference are:
- To agree and obtain Council approval for the budgets centrally and for sub committees for which it has responsibility.
- To agree and obtain Council approval for the branding and mission statement for BETA.
- To monitor performance and effectiveness of PR undertaken.
- To organise the BETA business awards and Gala dinner on an annual basis.
- Organise the annual Conference.
- To make recommendations to Council for sponsorship of events and individuals.
PR committee membership currently comprises of the following individuals:
Chairman: Wendy Hofstee (Unicorn Trails)
Andy Haines (Redpin Publications)
Nicolina Mackenzie (SEIB Insurance Brokers)
Nikki Newcombe (Bliss of London)
Doug Walker (Weatherbeeta)
Katie Williams (Dengie Crops)
Linda Porter (NAF)